The full moon party was lastnight and I dont think any of us were expecting it to be the way it was. We hung out on Jay and Chris's deck until 11:00pm and then headed out to the party. The music was blasting and the drinks were flowing so we headed to the Cactus bar and got a couple of pails of vodka and redbull. Kirby and Jay started with water and the rest of us got our own pails. The place was cramed with people so bad it took about ten minutes to get from the bar to the edge of the water and out of the swarms of people. It was at that time we really got a look around at our beautiful beach. The beach was so littered with broken glass, beer bottles, water bottles and pails that you couldn't walk without stepping on something. People were passed out all down the beach scattered in every which direction. For entertainment you cuold watch the "couples" who had met and paired up that night doing everything from kissing to having sex right on the beach. All down the waters edge we saw men lined up peeing in the ocean and even a couple of guys who had to "digest some food" to put it nicely with pants down in the ocean. We have agreed that we had never seen anything so faul as this party. Sarah drank only a quarter of her pail and as the drink was made so badly caused her to immediatly get sick, Bob drank his whole pail and was sick the same time as Sarah. I stopped drinking my pail half way through - The drinks here are funny because you really dont get drunk at all, you go straight to being sick. My pail started to effect my stomache so I got rid of it immediatly. Kirby had not yet started to drink and at this point decided he didn't want to. Jay and Chris as per usual decided to continue with the partying so Bob, Sarah, Kirb and I headed back to the rooms at 4:00am as we had had enough. We saw our favorite stray dogs being mauled by the drunks so I whistled at them and they all ran over and came back with us to the room. One - Which we have named Oreo, stuck around and kept us company for a while as we sat on our deck.. Next thing we knew Jay and Chris had come up the walk and had a seat with us and used the bathroom. Our German neighbour then popped by and we sat around there until 5:00am.. The German girl was upset her friend ditched her and didn't want to go back to her room but was tired of the creepy drunk guys so Jay and Chris escorted her back to the party and kept her company for the rest of the night. We popped back into out place and watched an episode of The OC on Chris's laptop(Jay had to buy the 2nd season here so he could catch up to us)(I couldn't be happier) and finally called it a night at 6:00am.
Chris was very kind to stop by at 8:00am pounding on our door as he wanted the laptop back to play music as they were going back to their deck to continue the party - They got to bed at 10:00am, so at 12:00am when we got up we went and banged on their door.. Chris was still drunk an unable to form a sentence, Jay seemed alright but had not yet fallen asleep.. Needless to say I doubt we will see them again until nighttime. Sorry no photos right now as we didn;t take our camera.. Chris had his but as I said.. Still not functioning so we will see if we can get some on later.
This is our last day and will be heading out to Koh Samui tomorrow to our resort which we are really looking forward to having a pool etc.. (Thanks Sarah's parents for the place, we are all really excited!!)
1 more week in Thailand, then we are off to new ventures and a new life in New Zealand.
Thursday, November 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds like quite the party, to bad you have to leave this place with these kind of memories...Oh well, just another experience. Enjoy the rest of your time in Thailand. We have enjoyed following your trip, and wait for the next bit of news.
Skip & Dixie
Hi Krista and Kirby....quite the "full moon" party, in more ways than one! Just read Sarah's accounting and you guys seem to be on the same page! Some things just have to be seen to be believed but makes for some goofy and funny memories for you all. Drink lots of water. Sure hope that RCI is ok in Koh Samui....I read the website where they mention renovations going on at the top of the hill......keeping my fingers crossed that it is nicer than the last RCI...sometimes one never knows with their resorts....we have stayed in some amazing ones and some that are definitely sub-standard. Good luck.......happy travels tomorrow. Just for the record, Calgary is cold this morning...probably minus 1 or 2 but our usual clear blue skies with the mountains dotted with lots of new snow. Enjoy the warmth of Thailand. Hugs to all of you...hope Chris and Jason have recuperated by now. :) Seija Webb
Well, that sounds like it was a really interesting party. Glad to hear you’re having fun. It is pretty much the same here as it always has been. I'm still in denial though. I keep thinking you are on vacation & will be back to work any day now. OH Well, I'm sure I will get over it (someday). Until then - see you next week:)
P.S. Tim passed his first year apprentice test. I'm so proud of him
Hey guys, It seems all is going very well out their for you. Flames beat down the Red Wings last night. First game I have been too, and the last time I drink the draft beer. (Very similar to the pails of booze at the full moon party!!) Take care and enjoy your last week before NZ.
Sean
Post a Comment