
Well the move is done and over with, with only slight complications..
At 9:30am on my fourth trip out to the car I tripped and fell and twisted my ankle (I know what you thinking and no, it wasn't intentional to get out of moving)
I spent the remainder of the day hobbling around but I wasn't too badly damaged as I did manage to get most things unpacked.
We had help from Craig, Tam and Jan for the most of the day and Jan supplied chili for us all for lunch so we could keep up the energy to keep truckin.
By the end of the day we had everything hauled over to our new home and both the kitchen and the living room unpacked and set up..
I was amazed at how quickly it became home.. It is just such a cozy place and so warm and inviting that you cant help but fall in love with it as soon as you walk in the door.
I had taken off the Monday so I could unpack the computer room and rake the leaves that have taken over the front lawn however as you can see by the picture.. Some sort of weird fluffy white stuff got in my way.. (By the way this picture is for Bob and Sarah only who will likely not see much snow this year and I am sure we will see a lot of it.. So for all other Canadians please avert your eyes)
The photo by the way is from our kitchen window.. I love our trees!!!
I was tempted to put up pictures of the new digs but I thought it would be oh so much more fun if you people just came and saw it instead..
So here we are a meager 4 days from our move in date, we are pretty well completely unpacked and set up and have already started doing home upgrades.. Ie. Adding a telephone jack in our den so we can use internet or changing the light plates in the bathroom from brass to white.. (Geez they were ugly)..
I cant wait to start on the next thing but I am wanting to get my paintings and whatnot hanging on the walls first (Thats this weekends job)
So if we have not had you over yet we hope to soon!
Cheers!
5 comments:
Congratulations on your new home, sounds perfect. Bob just told me you were back on the blog - will be watching for updates on a regular bases now.
Fun! I love the moving pictures, and can't wait for Wednesday so I can see the new place....congrats a hundred times over. I'm so excited for you guys. Having your own place must be so lovely! Hope to follow suit some time soon!
- Mandy
PS - Hope the ankle is feeling better!
That is some pretty snow you've got in your yard there!! Did I mention it has been 20 C here for several days now and is still green out!! It is nice to see snow......remember what it feels like!! Sounds like the new house is working out fantastically, can't wait until Christmas!!!!
Hope the ankle is better Krista....your view from the kitchen is lovely, despite the snow (oh heck, I still love that first snowfall though.....just like the little kids....they can hardly wait to go and play in it!!) Have fun getting set up.....will have to make the trip up with Sarah and Rob/Bob in December and take a peek.....have fun on the weekend putting up this pictures. Cheers, Seija
we would like to see pictures of your house please.....and of the snow.....I dont expect to see snow until we are home for Christmas!
Post a Comment