Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The art of watching a cat.



So because I am such a giving person and because Kirby is good to me I offered to baby sit my friends cat.. Oh did I say 1 cat?? I'm sorry I meant 2!!
We hauled them home this afternoon and as I type I am trying to see the keyboard through the legs of a kitty.
So its been about 3 hours since the cats have entered the home. Since their arrival we have had a laughing fit over the one because of his odd choice of positions, then I realized I hadn't seen him in a while during my cooking some lunch and suddenly I looked up at the fridge to see two eyes staring back at me.. Apparently he had been watching me the entire time. Unfortunatly tho the other cat is very attached to him and also cant locate him so she is walking around the house crying out for him.. I am pretty sure I saw him grinning as he watched her from his fridge perch. We went out breifly today and when we returned I again could not locate the male cat anywhere.. Finally I heard some rustling in the bathroom and he was enjoying the shower curtains from inside the bathtub. I have been diligent in rubbing the kitties as I want them to feel comfortable but my attempts have extracted so much cat hair I think we may be able to build a whole new one by the time I vaccuumm.
So other then cat sitting Kirby got most of his uniform yesterday and a bunch of fun gear. He has an orientation on Thursday and then will be starting his training on Monday.
Thats about it from us.. I was hoping to have some pics of our trip to Banff up there but we never quite made it what with the crappy weather and snow.. Maybe another time!
OH!! And just for fun I have added a Cuba Counter on the right hand side.. Less then 400 days to go! Haha!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the kitty stories...too funny about the one on the fridge. What a bizarre place to sit! The photos are super. Such cute kitties! Sorry to hear about the allergies though - that's no fun!

Anonymous said...

How did you like having a pet to come home to? You going to be getting your own kitty soon??? Or a puppy ?

Anonymous said...

Hi guys.....love the kitty picture...too sweet! You really must re-name your blogsite "Frozen North" or something (the only way we are going to get anything near a sunburn is at a tanning salon!!....what is with this weather anyway?? We keep having snow storms, which hopefully will metamorph into rain storms, which will hopefully and finally bring about some spring flowers sometime in the summer!!! Like your counter to Cuba....must check with Brian today and see if he remembered to send in our deposit. You must be excited with all the planning and Kirby starting a new career as well. Good luck kids. Love to you both, Seija

K.A said...

Well as for the kitties it was great to have someone else to take to and love and rub.. However..
We were supposed to have them for 5 days.. I only lasted one days before the allergies took over and we had to take them back to their home and she had to get someone else to look after them.. I couldn't even pet them it was bad.! So no.. No pet anytime soon.

Wedding planning is coming along.. As much as we can do .. so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Damn allergies..sorry Girl! We actually have a cat in our Comm centre here (I know very weird concept but the kitty lives up in Dispatch). I was worried cuz I've always been allergic..but apparantly not to her!