Thursday, November 10, 2005

Greetings From Ko Phangan







We have made the trek across the country of Thailand and are now on the island of Ko-Phangan. We took a 5hr bus ride from phuke, we met 2 english girls and they are now traveling with us, Jay and Chris are in their glory and turning on the "Magic" so to speak. We took a ferry lastnight that left port at 5:30 and arrived in Ko-Phangan at 8:00.. We ended up partying with a big mix of people on the roof of the boat including people from South Africa, Ireland, Scotland, Australia and England - There was about 25 of us in total. When we left the boat we were swarmed as usual with people wanting us to stay at their bungalow - Kirby wanted to go to Haddrin beach but as it was already 8:30 and most of the group was drunk we decided to go part of the way to haddrin and spend one night in a small beachside bungalow. The bungalows were in the middle of nowhere and very small with only a fan -But it only cost 250BAHT per bungalow ($7CAD) so we saved a lot of money. Unfortuantly turns out we cant make due without the airconditioner that we were all so hot none of us got any sleep. We took the taxi down to Haddrin Beach today and after an hour and a half of searching, Kirby and I found a beautiful bungalow resort right on the beach for 800Baht ($25CAD) - It is called Seaview Haddrin Resort. It has air conditioning (If you was A/C you will pay at least double for a room) the views are breath taking and the beach is so lovely with very few tourists and no waves.. the perfect place to use our floaties!
We have booked in for 5 nights then we will be moving to another place here in Ko-Phangan as the resort we are at is on the same beach as the full moon party which would be very loud and busy so we are changing resorts for that party.
The photos attached (If I can get it working) is of the Sunset we saw from the ferry to Ko-Phangan. the view from our deck at the resort and the beach we are staying on!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is BEAUTIFUL.....I want to join you!!!
Have fun! Keep track of your favorite spots in Thailand - Peter and I really want to go one day, and I would love some pointers of great places not to miss!;-)
- Mandy

Anonymous said...

Krista... remember you promised me you would look "after" Jason.. hopes that includes protecting him from those English girls (or perhaps it should be the other way around!!)..

Pictures look awesome.. we are really envious! Have a wonderful time and keep posting!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! It looks like such a beautiful relaxing place. Now we all want to go there. The weather here is better for now. The snow if disappearing. I believe it around 12 or 13 today. We're glad to hear that you are meeting people from around the world. I am sure Jason & Chris are happy with your new friends. Just keep relaxing and enjoying as we all keep hard at work back home. We're not envious!!
Keep safe.
Love Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi Uncle Kirby : I like your monckey friends.Send more pictures of the animals.The ocsen is very nice.I bet the islands are beautiful too.what do you like most about the island? love katie.xoxo :)

Anonymous said...

Is the 2nd picture a view from your Bungalow? IF it is, it's a picture straight from my dreams!

Anonymous said...

Hi Krista & Kirby et al......just looked through the photo album I believe Chris has posted.....the pictures are simply stunning as are yours and Sarah and Rob/Bob's! Love all your commentary too.....hilarious in parts. I guess you have another ten days left in Thailand before heading back on the trail, bound for NZ.....enjoy all that gorgeous scenery.....watch out for each other at those "full moon parties" (yikes.....just can't help myself....the mother in me pops up!!!) Have fun kids...love to all, seija

Anonymous said...

Hi Kirby and Krista..are the skys and ocean really the same colour? Perhaps we should save our pennies, no, I think it would be loonies and come see for ourselves.. Sounds like a dream come true.

S & D