Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Let it snow..




Oh the weather outside is frightful, but in Thailand it's delightful.. And since we arn't going to go.. let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....
Well it is very nice here still.. We still haven't left Krabi - Really enjoying the relaxing. Yesterday Bob was hungover so he couldn't do his diving for the day so Sarah, Bob, Kirby and I went for a nice lunch at the Last Cafe on the end of the beach - Then we saw some monkeys and fed them some leftover pineapple. It was really neat to see as they would come up and sit like a dog in fron of you and reach out and take the food from your hand. I threw a peice to a monkey who looked mean and was getting really close and it was so weired to see as the monkey can actually catch with his hands!
We had dinner at a fancy restaurant on the roof top that over looked the beach and palmtrees - Kirby and I split a volcanic chicken which is a whole chicken on a stick, then they cover it in vodka and light it on fire, it was quite tasty.
We got stuck in a rain storm lastnight as we were shopping away (buying some pirated movies; Finding Neverland, Bad Santa and Pirates of the Carribean)and next thing we knew we were stuck in a shop that is like a big tin garage and the rain was hammering down - Most rains here die down in abuot 15min so we waited and waited and finally decided we had enough so off we trudged through the pouring rains - It had accumulated so much within the 10min that the water was over our shoes.. By the time we had ran the 2min back to our room were so wt we might as well have walked as you cant get any wetter. But hey - At least I was wearing a white T-Shirt with a black bra and we were both wearing sneakers and jeans (Because we all know how fast that stuff drys out)
We had a minor leak in our room - Right over my bed.. Thankfully it was in the top corner so we just moved the beds over and I slept closer to the inside.
The night life here has yet to be seen as the diving boys are in bed by 8:00 most nights but tonight is Chris and Jays last dive and Bob has to make up his dive on Friday, so we might go out tonight unless Jay is going to accompany Bob on his last dive.
Other then that we are just hanging out and enjoying our little peice of paradise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And Paradise it is!! How lucky are you guys..sheshh, I'm very envious especially now with a few inches of snow still on the ground. Well your off feeding monkeys, city drivers had to battle snow for their first morning commute this year and people were advised to stay off the deerfoot- arent you guys lucky you don't have to deal with all that! The pictures your posting are beautiful- love the sunset one! Are you going to down load a bunch more on the pictures link?

It's so cool to hear about Thailand..I always wanted to go, so now I'm living through you!! It's no surprise your enjoying it there..Is the water warm like the Caribbean? ...keep up the posts, I love 'em!

Miss u muchly, Tam.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Krista, Kirby and the gang! Donna showed me your blog site and I've read every post tonight. I hope I can keep up with your travels. Your tales and photos amaze me. This is a wonderful way to share your trip.

Keep safe, and have a good time!
Love Aunt Karen