I had a very not so good first day, in case you were wondering... They threw me into reception because the receptionist who was supposed to train me decided not to show up.. I ended up flustered and confused and I wasn't sure if I was going to come back on the Monday.. I decided I would give it one more week and go from there.. The receptionist showed up this week and has since spent it training me.. I have absorbed a lot and am able to do all my tasks with little help which is good as her last day is tomorrow.. My job has a lot of accounting invloved with processing invoices and employee expenses.. It is really neat and I am really actually enjoying it... Today was quite so they got me to take the company Mitsubishi to get an estimate as one of the engineers had an accident and then I came back and re-organized the kitchen cupboards and cleaned out the fridge... Things are a lot more simple and quicker there when you understand whats going on, so I seem to have a lot of time to do some other things. Kirby got a job and started today - His previous boss was not hiring, however his bosses partner Ron was looking to take someone on and Kirby had done some work for him before we left and enjoyed working for him so Kirby excepted the job. He is doing custom residential homes (About 5000sq ft)
His boss also picks him up everyday so it looks like we wont have to get 2 cars. We are searching currently for something to get us around.. We just cant make a decision if we want something new or just a cheap beater. We have essentially found a place... We popped into Country Hills Toyota to see the Zak who is the guy who sold us our Hondas... We had just wanted to stop in and say Hi but we got onto the subject of rentals and he told us he has a 2 bedroom condo in Panorama here in the NW that he was thinking of renting.. So we jumped on it as it is exactly what we are looking for as well as the neighborhood we want (Its about 2 blocks from our old place)
So thats about all thats new from us.. Just doing the rebuilding thing!
Thursday, March 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Krista and Kirby.....you might have to rename your blog "Frostbit Canadians"......glad to hear your are both gainfully employed once again.....time to save again...good luck on finding a place, cars etc. It was nice to see you both at Sarah's game the other night.....you both looked smashingly happy and healthy. Love and hugs, Seija
More postings, dangit! What is new with your lives? I heard you bought a car? Is that friend of yours, Bob still competing in that Mr. Universe contest? Write more soon.....
Kind regards,
r
Post a Comment