Monday, January 08, 2007

2006 a Year in review.




So if I had a very busy 2006 does that mean I can take 2007 off??
What a year we have had..
January;
We were in the South island of New Zealand traveling and touring. We were also looking desperately for work trying to figure out a way to prolong our trip as money was running low!
February;
we had landed back in Thailand and spent a wonderful month lazing on the beach and soaking up our last days of freedom.. Kirby celebrated his 25th birthday. We saw Bangkok for the first time as well as revisited some places we just didn't want to leave.
March;
We spent a lot of time looking for new jobs and getting reacquainted with friends and family. We both started our new jobs and the incomes were coming in again after a 5 month hiatus.
June & July;
We worked diligently and paid off all debt from traveling. We even got out to Golden, BC for a short vacation.
August;
We celebrated our 9 year anniversary and went for a nice dinner at Ric's Grill.
Kirby started the police application process and passed his PARE Exam with flying colors. We had started a nest egg that was now big enough to apply as a down payment on a house and started our hunting.
September;
We bought our first home and spent the remainder of Sept packing boxes!
I started an accounting course to get some learnings! I had my 25th birthday!
October;
We moved into our new house and had much of it organized within the same weekend.
We got out to a house party for Halloween and had a great time!
November;
Come on! We have a mortgage now.. You cant expect us to do something every month!
December;
We eagerly prepared for Christmas coming up (When I say we I mean I)
We both got a nice 2 week vacation around the holidays. On the first day of our holidays we got engaged. I had my first ever Christmas dinner and had the parents over for some grub.. It turned out fantastically and I didn't burn a thing!
We took the remainder of our holidays and headed out to neudorf to see Grandma as well as attend a wedding in Regina on New Years Eve.

We are now started the New Year off nursing a flu.. Which is what you get when you have too busy of a year.. !
We are hoping to have a quieter 2007 but with Kirby applying for the police and a wedding down the road I think we may run screaming into 2008!
Hope everyone had a great year and hope you all the best in 2007!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the engagement - no pictures?? Love the 2006 recap. Looking forward to seeing another exciting year in the life of Krista & Kirby for 2007! :-)
Feel better soon!
- Mandy

K.A said...

Who am I to argue.. Pictures you shall receive.. Some of my Favs from Thailand, NZ and our home :)

Anonymous said...

LOL - Thanks! I like the pictures; the beach ones make me especially happy when it's -20 outside!!
...now we just need to see a picture of the bling! ;-)
- Mandy

Sarah&Robert said...

I am really wishing I was sitting on that beach like I was last January with this cold arctic snap that has blown in! Eventful year though and I am sure 2007 will be no less full of excitement!

Anonymous said...

Krista can really cook!
Dinner was fantastic.
All the best for 2007.
Love Mom aka Mickey

Anonymous said...

I'd say 2006 was an excellent year for you guys! I can't wait to see what 2007 has in store..hopefully lots of trips to the island :)