Thursday, February 23, 2006

Homeward bound


Can you believe that after 5 months of travel our time has come to an end.
We spent our last day in Thailand doing some last minute shopping and sleeping in.
Our flight leaves tomorrow at 1:30pm for KL. We have an overnight at the Concord International and our flight to LA leaves at 10:00am on the 25th. We have to endure a 17 hour flight to LA and somehow magically arrive at 11:35am on the 25th.. Pretty magical hey?? Only a 1 hour flight.. Not so bad!
We have a 5 hour layover there and then we should be able to catch the 5:00pm out of LA and arrive in Calgary on Saturday at 9:20pm, to which we hear has been slammed under a deep freeze.. We will be going to our usual Tim Hortons on the drive home and sleeping off the remainder of our jet leg.
Thanks everyone for keeping up with us over the time, it was much appreciated and kept us close to home. We look forward to seeing everyone soon.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping up with the blog! We enjoyed watching and hearing about your travels. I am sure like myself there were many of us that couldn't wait to see what you were doing. A job very well done! We are very anxious for your return and will be at the airport to meet you. It will be great to have you home. Safe travels.
Lots of love & hugs
Mom & Dad

Sarah Webb said...

Welcome home this weekend! You will get used to the snow fast enough! It looks pretty at least.....
We are in Banff and it has been snowing all day here.....and we spent a nice afternoon in the hot tub! We will see you guys soon...enjoy your first Timmy's

Anonymous said...

I sure enjoyed reading about your adventures. Keep in touch,
Love Aunt Karen

Anonymous said...

9:20 huh ! and what time will that really be to you?
We have read about your travels with keen interest and can't wait to hear of some of your stories in person...I guess you will put us all to shame with your suntans...Have a great flight home.

Anonymous said...

We should be the ones thanking you- it's been wonderful following your adventures! I'm just wondering what I'm gonna do with all my time now that I wont be checkin' your blog every day!!

Travel safe..I know the snow will be a shock to the system but it'll be worth it! Can't wait to see ya.

Anonymous said...

Have a good flight and see you soon! I'm going to miss checking this blog....but it'll be nice to hear your voice again.

Mandy

Anonymous said...

Well, Well, Well you know all good things must come to an end. Welcome back to the real world 2 feet of freshly fallen snow. Hope you have your parkas with you. I will miss hearing from you 2. Be safe on your journey home. Marlene