Sunday, February 05, 2006

Welcome back to paradise...






We have finally arrived in Koh Phangan and are happy to be welcomed back to paradise. We were hoping for the same bungalow we stayed in lasttime however on arrival they had just given it up to another couple and only had fan rooms for the night - The day was not too hot so we decided to take the fan room and hunkered down for a much needed nap. We started our first full day here with a fresh fruit shake and a fruit platter, kirby had toast and a tea which were both very good. The owner had recognised us and welcomed us back. We got out our beach blanket and laid down on the beach so we can awe everyone with our tans when we get back (We are apparently too white as when we were in Bangkok a Thai women came up to us and was talking and then asked why we were so white, to which I replyed.. Because we are white!?!) Sooo I guess we are too white even for white people so I think the tan will be the first thing we will work on. The sun was hot but due to a storm off the coast the waves were really rolling in so we didn't want to go into the ocean as they have lots of fun things you can step on here like urchins and sea cucumbers. The women at the reception advised us that they have an airconditioned room ready for us so we moved in immediatly and cranked the AC (It will be 28 here all week)
When we went into the bathroom I noticed something moving in between the bathroom and the screen to the outside, I got Kirby and advised him I didn't want him to freak out as he cant get in but there is the largest spider i have ever seen in the screen. In order to show its size I would like everyone to take out thier wallets. As you can see by the picture thats how wide this spider is. ..
After watching him and ensuring he cant get into our place we got ready to come into the town area, we got to the beach when we saw "Gomer" One of my many named stray dogs who I enjoy petting.. As we bent down to give him a pet on our way by the wind picked up and it started to rain so Kirby, Gomer and I went back to our bungalow and waited for the storm to pass.. Afterwards we headed back to the beach to head into town and Gomer sat at the waters edge and watched the waves (As per the photo)So we headed into town and here we are... We love the mexican restaurant here so we had fajitas lastnight and tonight we will be heading back for thier nachos!
We havn't decided how many nights we will be staying here... we think maybe 5-6??
We will see how it goes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back to Paradise indeed- I'm so very envious (well maybe not of the spider, but the view)!

Glad you survived your long bus journey..enjoy your time in Thailand.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a big spider. Well Kirby I can't believe that you stayed in that room with a spider like that between the windows. I bet you were glad to find Gomer again. He is cute. Looking forward to seeeing the tans..on some of the pictures we thought you looked quite tanned. Keep on having fun and enjoy some relaxation. Stay safe.

Lots of love
Mom & Dad

Kym said...

Have you ever heard of the Urban Legend about a woman who fell in love with a dog in mexico only to bring it home and realize it was a particularly large breed of mexican rat? Just thought I'd put it out there. Looks like you guys are truely in paradise, can't wait to see you and hear about all your adventures!! Have fun!!
Luv, Kym

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh....that first photo is so beautiful!! Aside from the spider (yikes - there's something to be said about a country with snow!) it looks like you really have found paradise. Have a plate of nachos for me! :-)

Looking forward to hearing more about the land of paradise! Enjoy the heat!

Mandy