Sunday, October 16, 2005

And we start to venture




We are on our last day here at KL and I think we are ready to head on and see the new sights.
Yesterday we went to the Patronis Towers (Talest buildings in the world) and found a 6 storey shopping mall.
The prices were very similar to Calgary but they had lots to see.
We then took a taxi over to China Town to venture into the markets.
The market housed hundreds upon hundreds of knock off items which we eagerly pursued.
We found a stall where between Kirby, Jason, Chris and I we wanted 3 shorts and 4 T-Shirts. The asking price was $325RM which = $110CAD. He offered us a "deal" of $295rm = $100CAD. We felt that was unexceptiabale and was able to barter with him so low that we ended up getting 3 shorts and 4 shirts for 145RM=45CAD. Not a bad deal considering they are Billabong, Adidas, Von Dutch.. etc knock offs.
It was really something to see, I only wish they had things there that were consistant with the culture like the wood carvings I have seen for purchase in the mall etc.. I think we have actually found a good place in this mall that may have some items like that, so we should be able to pick up some neat souvineers.
We ended up eating at Chilis in the Patronis Mall and had a very lovely dinner.
The photos attached are of the Petronis towers and the market.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys, Your photos are great!. Krista, everyone complimented you on your great blog writing. I always knew you were talented. Just to let you know I used your chinchilla picture on your blog for my identity on poker stars. Hope thats okay. Play safe!
Mickey

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys, Your photos are great! Krista, everyone complimented you on your great blog writing. I always knew you were talented. Just to let you know I used your chinchilla picture on your blog for my identity on poker stars. Hope thats okay. Play safe!
Mickey