Monday, October 17, 2005

Not so rainy




So who would have thought a rainforest would have internet!
We took a 4 1/2 hour bus ride from kl almost to Taemen Negara which was then followed by a beautiful 3 hour boat ride through the jungle side. When we got here we cruised the town for the best place to stay and came across a lovely little place where the rooms are about 10 x 8. Cozy!
They also come with a bathroom with a real working toilet - also the bathroom is your shower so when you shower everything gets soaked.
Lastnight for dinner we went to the floating restaurant which is a small place that floats on the water with nice meals like fried rice with chicken and banana milkshakes.. Very yummy... We shared a sweet and sour chicken, 2 fried rice with chicken, banana shake, 4 pops and an icecream bar and the whole meal came to $10.
It was very nice as it is right on the river.
When we got back the guys accidentially chased a gecko into our room. Kirby and I were searching for him.. i was looking in the curtains and stepped back when i heard a dreaded crunch.. I had stepped on the gecko and broke his back. I freaked out while the guys tried to figure out how to dispose of him - he was finally thrown over the balcony as no one could kill him and he was almost dead.. It really was absolutly terrible.. it took me a long time to fall asleep.
other then me killing the wildlife it has been loverly. We will be going to the rainforest today for a canopy walk 500ft above the jungle floor..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Keep them coming. We enjoy them very much. You are all looking very relaxed! No work just sit and relax!! Have fun.
Luv Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Aw Krista - sorry to hear about the gecko ....I shouldn't laugh, but it was an amusing story!

The pictures look great - as I sit at work every day reading through the updated stories I wish I was travelling around the world, too!!

So excited to see the sights from the other side of the world (and glad to see you were able to get them to work)!!

Stay safe and have fun!
Mandy

Anonymous said...

Hey guys check you email for the lowdown on the food and places to stay once you get to Penang...Enjoy the monkeys, malaria, and gecko's...oh she did what? Enjoy the monkeys.

Anonymous said...

Christopher, I bet you wish you were home eating Blaine's half a cow. You will learn not to be so picky but glad you are attempting new and exciting things. Have a wonderful experience and thanks for the pictures and phone calls.

Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Love the photos. Wish I was there. Enjoy!!! Mickey

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures, I will be tagging along with your updates. Have fun and keep us informed.
Richard