



We have reached our christmas home and yesterday night started the decorating of the tree.
Decorations here are very expensive so we decided to make our own - We got some sparkles and construction paper and started making snowmen, snowflakes and other various christmas ornaments. We popped some popcorn and threaded garland for the tree. took about 2 hours to finish the whole tree but it is beautiful.
We went christmas shopping today - Kirby and I are doing gifts, Sarah and Bob are doing gifts and then the whole group is doing small presents for eachother. We bought a 6kg turkey but it looks like we will also have to buy a proper roaster as the cooking dishes here is not large enough for any of the food.
No much else new, but we will keep you posted!
7 comments:
Your tree looks wonderful, I bet you guys will have a great Christmas, one that you'll remember forever. What about a tinfoil roaster-might be cheaper. Linda O
Hi Guys,
You did a wonderful job on your tree. Like Linda said I'm sure it will be a very special Christmas for you and one that you will all remember for years to come. You did a great job on your ornaments and way to go guys stringing the popcorn I will send the dressing recipe later today.
Hugs to you all
Love Mom & Dad
Happy Christmas!! Home-made decorations are awesome....I've always wanted to make popcorn strings....looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
Have a great Christmas - don't know if I'll get on here to check again before the new year...
Have fun and best wishes for 2006!
Panda
PS - Krista thanks for the card; I got it yesterday!
Awesome tree guys.....what a talented group you are and resourceful!! Way to celebrate Christmas in New Zealand ..... years from now, this will form a wonderful and warm memory of your year of travels. Love to you all, Seija and Brian
We are all proud of you guys! You have been very imaginative and creative and you should be proud of yourselves also! The tree looks wonderful! Really miss you at Christmastime.. but the pictures make us feel like we are together!!
Have fun and keep posting!
Merry Christmas from your UK cousin, who will also be away from home this holiday season.
Very jealous of the tree...but we should have enough rum and eggnog to dull the pain.
Have a great Christmas, guys.
Big Hugs
Shannon
Kirby, Krista and Friends,
Merry Christmas and a healthly and happy 2006. Have a great Christmas and God bless you all. I am sure you won't have any beautiful white snowdrifts, today it is +3 it is making the road kind of sloppy. Thank you Kirby & Krista for the Christmas card....a lovely surprise I wish I could send you a card too. Play dough, eh. Remember I used to make some for you when you were little..even colored. Nice job..tree and gifts. The play dough people are sort of pounchy, ha!ha! Krista you are doing a great job describing everything, very interesting to read. KIRBY..nice golfing swing..good show! Thinking of you lots, miss you both. Enjoy your holiday, take care. Love you both
Hugs & Kisses
Grandma
Post a Comment